Code of Conduct
Central Pattana Public Company Limited has realized the importance and responsibilities of its committees, management, and employees for their credibility and transparency in conducting business, according to the highly accepted practices of good corporate governance and codes of practice so as to operate their business, efficiently and conform to the objectives approved by the Board of Directors and shareholders, the law and the Articles of Association of the company. For the purpose of creating the greatest benefit for the shareholders and other stakeholders.
1. Elimination of the Conflict of Interest
Committees, management, and employees shall not obtain personal benefits, or perform any harm, which may lead to the conflict of interest of the company. As a result, the following guidelines are stipulated:
- Committees, management, and employees shall avoid any performance that leads to conflict of interest of the company. However, if it is necessary to perform any transaction related to the inevitable conflict of interest, the most benefit to the organization shall be primarily taken into account.
- Committees, management, and employees, who are involved in external activities, or are holding positions, such as committee, management, consultants, representatives, or employee, in other companies shall not perform any transaction that will directly, or indirectly lead to the conflict of interest with, or will have an adverse effect on professional responsibilities undertaken at Central Pattana.
- Committees, management, and employees must not accept, demand, or disburse any asset in a dishonest manner to company’s business partners, and/or creditors, and other relevant parties as well. Also they must not use their own authority in seeking for personal benefits.
- Committees, management, and employees shall refrain from any transaction that be related to a bribe or use their authority for personal benefit.
- Committees, management, and employees must avoid obtaining any gifts or benefits from trading parties that may lead to commitment on the fraudulent action.
All committees, management, and employees shall be responsible for treating the information of the company as strictly confidential. The following codes of conduct are therefore set out as follow as guidelines:
- Committees, management, and employees shall be responsible for and keep confidentiality of all information of the company’s shareholders, customers, business partners, creditors, and employees. They shall not disclose such information without the written consent of the owner of those confidential information, except where it is required by law, rules, regulations or conditions in which the company is subjected to. In addition, they shall not access and reach the confidential information with a dishonest or improper manner.
- Committees, management, and employees shall not whether directly or indirectly use any internal undisclosed information for there personal or related person benefit.
- Committees, management, and employees shall not use any undisclosed information of the company for the purpose of purchase, sale, transfer or assignment of the company’s shares.
3. Responsibility to Company’s Assets and Reputation
Central Pattana encourages its management and employees to use the company’s resources and assets in the most efficient manner. It also deems that the management, associated with employees, having a co-responsibility to build up and protect the company’s reputation. Guidelines then are provide as follows:
- Committees, management, and employees must carefully perform their duty so as to prevent against damage which may occur to stakeholders and company’s reputation.
- Committees, management, and employees must behave with perfect propriety in consistent with their positions and circumstances to uphold their social reputation and honor.
- Committees, management, and employees must not use internal undisclosed information of the company for the purchase, sale, transfer or to receive stock transfer or assignment of the company’s shares.
- Committees, management, and employees must take care of and protect the company’s assets from improper depreciation or loss, maintain in good condition, and use the company’s resources with considerable awareness of their value.
- Committees, management, and employees must comply with the rules, regulations, and disciplines of the company as well as the morality.
4. Responsibility to Stakeholders
Central Pattana gives precedence to the “Stakeholder” including shareholders, business partners, creditors, employees, competitors, community and society.
- Committees, management, and employees shall willfully stimulate the permanent and sustainable growth for long-term benefits of shareholders through efficiency and high return from the company’s business operation.
- Committees, management, and employees must pay respect to equal rights for all shareholders in accessing necessary information for evaluating the company, and must reveal the company’s performance, financial status, including any actual supporting information, as specified by the Stock Exchange of Thailand and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Committees, management, and employees must perform their duties honestly, transparently and fairly to ensure that all decisions or actions are taken with the intention of the maximum benefits to all shareholders and related parties as a whole.
- Committees, management, and employees must keep all business operations and practices under control of company’s policy, and with continuous improvement.
- The company shall provide the service systems with equal and fair practice.
- Management and employees should shall give adequate, accurate and truthful information concerning service rendered by the company. In consideration of the customer’s benefits.
- Management and employees are responsible for setting up a complaints handling process to facilitate the customers to complain of the company’s service or business operation with immediate and best response.
- The company shall control surrounding both inside and surrounding area of shopping malls, office buildings and residences for rent of the company, to keep the life and assets of tenants and the customer safe.
- Management and employees are dedicated to satisfy the customers with to the best of company’s service.
- Management and employees must attempt to develop and maintain long-standing relationship with their business partners, and to build trust between each other.
- Management and employees shall set up a complaint handling process to facilitate business partners to complain of the company’s service or business operation with immediate response.
- Management and employees shall not publicize any false statements or intentionally deceive business partners by leading them to misunderstanding.
- Management shall strictly keep and comply with all the terms and conditions agreed with the company’s creditors.
- Management shall control debt and interest payments to all creditors within the due date, and comply with all conditions for loan as agreed with the creditors. Such loan much not be spent contrary to objectives of loan.
- Management shall competently manage business operations to earn trust from creditors in financial status and capability to pay back all debts.
- Management shall disclose full and accurate information to creditors.
- Management has a responsibility to maintain secure working environment to life of employees and their assets.
- Management must provide fair and appropriate remunerations to employees conforming to company’s and employees’ performances.
- Management has a responsibility to carry out efficient human resource management for professional appointments and promotions, including clear rewards and punishment policies, in good faith on the basis of employee’s competence, capability and suitability.
- Management must give priority to knowledge and competency development, and career path, on an equitable basis.
- Management has to listen to opinions and recommendations from employees at all levels, on an equitable and impartial basis.
- Management has to be a role model for employees in terms of ethics, morality and norms.
- Management and employees have to treat their colleagues with courtesy and play respect to individuality and human dignity at all time.
- Management and employees shall not fraudulently or inappropriately seek confidential information of company’s competitors.
- Management and employees shall not perform any harm or infringe the intellectual property of competitors or others.
- Management and employees shall behave toward company’s business competitors under fair business competition framework. They shall not damage competitors’ reputation by abusive accusation and dishonest intention.
- Committees, management, and employees are dedicated to be a responsive corporate citizen, to strictly comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations as stipulated by the relevant authorities and to collaborate with the authorities at all time.
- Committees, management, and employees shall prevent all business operations from damaging life quality, society, and environment in all locations in which the company operates.
- Committees and management have responsibility to assiduously cultivate the employees’ social consciousness at all levels.
- Committees, management, and employees shall regularly contribute to constructive activities in the society with aims of improving quality of life, energy saving and save the environment, for the prosperity of the society as a whole.
Responsibility to Shareholders
All shareholders must be treated with equality and fairness. As a result, guidelines are as follows:
Responsibility to Customers
As Central Pattana is willing to satisfy the customers, the practice guidelines toward the customers are set out below:
Responsibility to Business Partners
Central Pattana has a policy to equitably and fairly treat its business partners, and take mutual benefits into consideration with the following guidelines:
Responsibility to Creditors
The company has a policy to treat its creditors with fairness. The following codes of conduct are set as guidelines:
Responsibility to Employees
Employees are a valuable asset of the company and are essential to company’s achievement. Consequently, the company has a policy to care for and treat all employees with fairness, including employment opportunity, remunerations, promotion and professional development. As a result, the company has established the following guidelines for practices toward its employees:
Responsibility to Competitors
Central Pattana operates its business within a fair competition framework. The following practices are used as guidelines:
Responsibility to Community and Society ;
With an intention to protect the public and society as a whole, Central Pattana set guidelines for practices as follows: